July 11, 2008

HOE Little House Needleworks Exchange.....

My partner for the Little House Needleworks exchange on the HOE blog finally received her package (I don't need to tell you I was late sending again do I?).

This one went all the way to Margaret in New Zealand, I have to confess I was very worried that it would take forever to reach her despite traveling via priority mail.



Little House Needleworks - Garden Pleasures
Sweet Bag and Floss Tag



I really had a lot of fun putting this package together. I had made the decision early on to try and make as many of the goodies as possible. The floss drops were no problem, I'd already experimented with those. I hadn't finished a floss tag yet but figured it couldn't be too much different than the tag I made for Valeri's Halloween bag last year. The flower pins were a little more challenging but I was pleased with the final result.

Til next time - please don't forget there's still time to sign up for my PIF! :)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Deb at 11:24 AM |

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol R said:
I'm glad you posted pictures of the beautiful sweet bag and floss tag so I could click and get a closeup. They are gorgeous. Love the pins. I managed to get some superglue with a brush applicator so I hopefully won't get into too much mess with my next lot of pins! Pretty thread drops.
Blogger Katrina said:
Gorgeous exchange! Your work is so beautiful and I love the pins.
Blogger angelasweby said:
Deb hi there,
I've just come across your blog and wanted to say that I think the way you have finished this pretty little design is just breathtaking. I just adore the little sweet bag and have been looking at it for quite some time. I wanted to ask you about the little thread ring with the tags attached. Do you buy these locally or online? I live in England and we cannot get anything like that here so, if you order yours online I would be really grateful if you would let me know a source. I would love to have a go at making one of these thread fobs :>)
Best wishes and thanks Angela
Blogger Jane said:
Hi Deb, just dropping by to see what you've been up to... What a beautiful exchange gift you've made - I love it! Your finishing is always so professional looking and a delight to see.
Anonymous Anonymous said:
As usual your work is so lovely!

I have to admit...the whole time I have been stitching on Petit Sac I kept thinking...I wonder if I can hire Deb to finish this off for me?
Happy Stitching,
Cari
Blogger Debs said:
Absolutely gorgeous as always. Those thread drops you made are perfect. I want some! Love the pins, I've a mind to have a go at them too. You are definitely the best finisher out there, everything so thoughtful and beautiful.
Hugs
Debs
Blogger lena-lou said:
Hi Deb :) I love this exchange that you have done, ALL of it !! Have a nice Sunday :-)
Blogger Michele said:
What a beautiful exchange! I just adore everything. Those pins turned out great!
Blogger Margaret said:
Deb,
This package was just beautiful and those pins are exquisite. I;m still working out how to show them off at Embroiderers Guild this Saturday without having everyone ask to keep them! Can you email me and tell me how you finished the edge of the floss holder. It wasn't thick and I wondered how you had done ti

Margaret S
Blogger Milly~ said:
What a creative way to finish this LHN project. KUDOS!!!
Blogger Dovilė said:
amazing :)