November 3, 2008

Seriously.....

can somebody please explain why it was 77 degrees in Missouri in November? And why the forecast is the same for the next 3 days? I'm a gal who dislikes summer and looks forward to fall, winter and spring. Last week the temperatures were low enough that the pilot light on the heater was lit, all the fans were cleaned and put away and slippers and gloves were taken out of storage in preparation. No, I'm not crazy (maybe a little but not about this), a medical condition dictates that I wear gloves outside once the temperatures hit the 50's. I even took a picture and had planned a little celebration post that fall was here. I'm not celebrating but here's the picture anyway. :(



Most everybody knows I'm not really a frou-frou type of person. The one exception are my gloves, if I have to wear them then why not go all out? LOL

I just finished putting together my last exchange package of the year. It's a floss tag and for some reason, what should have been the simplest exchange turned out to be the hardest. Maybe it's because I knew it was the last until next year. Anyway, I'll be back with pictures later this week.

I'm on the hunt for 2 Prairie Schooler designs - Christmas Trees #82 and a freebie called S is for Spring. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks to you all for the comments on the Halloween Exchange bag! I worried about this one right up until it was finished, I'm glad you like it. Now if the post office would cough it up all would be right in the world. Gwen was out of town and her mail was being held when it arrived at her post office. The delivery confirmation scan shows delivered on the 22nd but she has yet to receive the package.

Joann - I owe you an email, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I'm behind! I did want to answer your question about the pattern I used - it's from Amy Butler and called Frenchie Bags. I altered it quite a bit and substituted the stitching for what was supposed to be a fabric band. Let me know if you want further info about what I did.

A - I'll email you with details on the fabric, floss and design changes I made on the stitching part.

I'm off to dig a fan back out and am not happy about it!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Deb at 10:15 PM |

6 Comments:

Blogger Coco said:
Hi Deb ! I think I can help you for PS )))) I send you an email.
Blogger CarolG said:
Hi Deb, I check out your blog each weekday - I think I might have 2 of the Prairie Schooler Spring freebies...I just cleaned out my patterns and I think I remember 2..if so, you can certainly have one of them. I am at work and will check tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Carol
Anonymous Anonymous said:
thanks Deb! i just googled amy butler. i'll see what i can find out about the google tomorrow at work! :)
Blogger Carol R said:
Can we swap places? You would certainly be able to wear those beautiful fancy gloves here!
Blogger angelasweby said:
Deb hi there,
Your gloves and slippers really are pretty no wonder you are disappointed that the temperatures have soared again :>) I love clear crisp cold days too trouble is we just seem to get damp, gloomy drizzly ones :>)
Hugs, Angela
Anonymous Anonymous said:
hi think i need to be where you are lol.. no its cool here and wet and slightly windy but i must admit i like wearing my warm coat and hat lol so maybe i am like you;