October 27, 2008

Legacy Halloween Sweetbag Exchange to Gwen.....

I had a lot of fun making this year's bag even though I made a few mistakes along the way. It was a huge learning curve, the original pattern for the bag was much larger than I needed and had to be reduced to just the right size. Fun stuff when there's a pleat involved. :)


I used part of the sampler from The Prairie Schooler's When Witches Go Riding leaflet for the front band. The back band used the lettering and bird from the same sampler.




I sure hope my partner liked it!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Deb at 1:53 AM |

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol R said:
A beautiful exchange Deb. I love the bag idea.

You owe me mail!!!
Blogger Yuko said:
I know your works are sperb, but this one... breathtaking...
It's absolutely beautiful on the other hand it's so pretty!!
Your works are always so perfection!
You are an inspiration!!

Yuko
Blogger Dovilė said:
This bag so cute :)
You did REAL good girl! She can't fail to just love what you sent because I sure do. You do such stunning work.
Blogger Cindy said:
Oh...I love this bag. Its gorgeous!
Anonymous Anonymous said:
your bag totally rocks!

can you share where you got the pattern?

joann
Blogger Andrea said:
OMG Deb! That is just gorgeous!! You know now that of course I must stitch that and send it to you for finishing!! Your work is so inspiring!
Blogger angelasweby said:
Wow Deb,
Your little bag is absolutely gorgeous. The design and the fabric were just made for each other. Such exciting loking goodies too.What a wonderful exchange.
Hugs, Angela :>)