October 15, 2009

Stopping in.....

I don't know that I've ever gone this long without a post, time is flying by. I've been buried in work with a few short breaks in between. My brother came to visit at the end of August giving me time to finally stitch and finish my mom's ornament from last Christmas. So it's a little (okay, a lot) late, what's new?


Shepherd's Bush - Glad Tidings


It looks like we're going to having a very colorful fall, if we actually have fall this year. The temperatures have dropped and it feels more like winter. As much as I'm glad to see the heat and humidity gone, I'm not ready for it to be cold yet.



There are times when I don't leave my house for weeks (sometimes months) on end, especially when I'm busy working. The past month or so has been no exception but I finally got out last week to do some much needed shopping. Groceries, finishing supplies, ATM, printer cartridge, you name it, I needed it. I got no further than my first stop at Joanns when I had a kidney stone attack standing right at the cutting counter. Once I caught my breath after the first knife twisting pain, my brain kicked into bargaining mode - what do I "have" to have today, what can I leave until next time, how long until I can't stand the pain? Does anybody else do this?

In my 20's I would've soldiered on and taken care of everything I needed to. In my 30's I would've taken care of most everything. Now that I'm in my 40's it can all wait. I told myself to quit being stupid and to just get back home (or maybe it was because I was with my mom). To my bed, to my meds, to anything that would make me feel better. I'm still recuperating but feeling much better. All this has left me with a burning question though - am I becoming more of a wuss the older I get or am I just getting smarter?

Needless to say I am behind on email, I'm slowly but surely getting caught up. I'm also getting closer to getting all of my PIF's finished, I hope the wait is worth it.

'Til next time - I hope you all are well and warm....

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Deb at 7:02 PM |