August 8, 2008

Mermaid Floss Tag.....

My itchy fingers didn't have to wait long - I decided to spend some time with the Mermaid Sampler kit while company was here last week. It's stitched over one with a few design details changed because of the size and every stitch was a pleasure. Then I decided such a special design needed special thread drops. I played around with some metallic colors but ended up designing something in my photo software. It's hard to see in the photo but the drops have little dots of colors taken from the stitched design.


Shepherd's Bush - Mermaid Sampler variation

Speaking of the metallic thread drops, I've added them to my Stash Sale as well as new fabric choices.

I hope everybody is finding a way to stay cool, I'm counting the days until fall arrives.....

Labels:

 
posted by Deb at 12:54 PM |

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said:
waouh, your floss tag is really beautiful, I love it!
Blogger Carol R said:
Lovely mermaid floss tag Deb (love the hedebo covered ring) and those metallic thread drops are just gorgeous
Blogger Debs said:
Deb, your Mermaid sampler is adorable--only you could think that up. I don't think I could ever do that much over one. It's beautiful. Love the drops too. And what a great idea to use the covered ring instead of an eyelet--it lets the tag hang free. I get such great ideas from you.
Anonymous Anonymous said:
It is so cute !! How creative your are !
Anonymous Anonymous said:
Oh, Lovely !
Blogger Deb said:
Love that mermaid piece to pieces!!! Hugs, Deb